Be a Member of HCA Hospice Care
HCA Hospice Care offers membership to the general public as a means of being part of the continued success of the hospice in making a difference in people’s lives.
To become a member, simply contact us at email@example.com.
As an active member, you will play an integral part in contributing to:
- The hospice’s voice when we advocate for better end-of-life care support systems
- A stronger base from which we seek funding from the private sector, foundations and government.
Membership of the Organization shall comprise the following categories:
- Honorary Member - The Council may from time to time admit any corporation, society, organization or person who has achieved eminence in the hospice movement or has distinguished himself by contributing financially to the Organization as an Honorary Member. An Honorary Member shall have no voting rights and cannot hold office.
- Ordinary Member – Any resident in Singapore whose application has been approved by the Council may be admitted as an Ordinary Member.
Every application for membership shall be submitted on the prescribed form. The Council may at its discretion reject any application for membership without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Ordinary members shall pay an annual subscription as the Council may set from time to time and such subscription shall be payable by the members within two (2) weeks of admission to membership and thereafter within the first month of each calendar year.
The current subscription is $20.00 per annum.
RIGHTS OF MEMBERS
An Ordinary member who is not in arrears of the subscription and/or levy, if any, shall have the right to nominate or second a candidate for election, stand for election and vote at general meetings save that an Ordinary Member who has been a member for less than 12 months on the date of election shall not be eligible to hold the post of President or Vice President or Honorary Secretary or Treasurer.
Any member may terminate his membership by giving to the Honorary Secretary notice in writing. A member shall cease to be a member if he is in arrears of annual subscription for two (2) consecutive years.
The Council may suspend a member for such period as it shall determine or may expel him if:
- he is convicted of a criminal offence;
- he becomes of unsound mind.
- the Council decides that such member should cease to be a member of the Organization.
The decision of the Council is final.
- Receive HCA Hospice Care’s bi-monthly HCA Connect newsletter and Singapore Hospice Council’s (SHC) quarterly Hospice Link newsletter
- Receive regular updates about special events and workshops e.g. Sunflower Remembrance Day, Home Cheer Programme, the biennial Voices for Hospice (VfH) fundraising event for SHC, SHC’s monthly multi-disciplinary forums and talks by experts & staff and many more
- Participation in an active and community focused organization that is dedicated to direct service, compassionate care and education
- Personal opportunities for direct involvement in HCA Hospice Care through volunteer work
- Enhanced personal growth and experience