Star PALS for Children
Star PALS (Paediatric Advance Life Support) is a paediatrics palliative care service provided by HCA Hospice Care and started in April 2012.
Visit Star PAL’s dedicated website here: www.starpals.sg
Who we help
Our patients are aged 19 years and below. They have life-limiting or life-threatening conditions that may range from neurological or congenital conditions to childhood cancer.
Our dedicated team of care staff:
- Works hand-in-hand with your child’s primary healthcare team to prevent, reduce and sooth symptoms through regular home visits and a 24-hour on-call helpline.
- Coordinates care with different attending specialists
- Supports you in making complex medical decisions during the course of your child’s treatment at critical junctures, including formulation of advance care plans
- Provides emotional and spiritual support as well as counselling for the entire family to better cope with adverse events
- Provides end of life care
- Provides bereavement support