Admission and Charges
Our hospice home care and day care centre services are available to all patients who are referred to HCA Hospice Care by their doctors. The doctor can either be the patient’s consultant at a hospital or a general practitioner from a private clinic, and will need to complete this patient referral form.
You may also call us at 6251 2561 to request for a copy of the form to be mailed to you.
Our home care service is provided free of charge. This is made possible through annual grants that HCA Hospice Care receives from the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the National Council of Social Service (NCSS) – see the Means Testing section for more information – as well as through donations from foundations, corporate sponsors and members of the public.
A nominal fee of $15 is charged per patient visit for our day hospice service. This fee includes therapy programmes, two-way transportation and meals. Patients with financial difficulties can apply for a subsidy, after which fees may be reduced or waived if they meet means testing criteria.
How Means Testing Helps Fund HCA Hospice Care
Patients or their families are requested to complete a confidential income evaluation form – the MOH means test application form – with the help of our social work assistant. Information on the per capita income of a patient’s family and supporting documents are required.
This information through the means testing process will determine the exact subsidy HCA Hospice Care receives from NCSS and MOH. This ranges from 30% to 80% of the cost of a doctor’s, nurses’s, or medical social worker’s visit for Singapore Citizens, and from 15% to 55% for Permanent Residents.
Supporting Documents Required
We require the following from patients, their spouses and immediate family members:
- Clear photocopies of front and back of NRICs/FIN/Special Pass/Foreign Passports for:
- Main applicant
- All household members aged 15 and above;
- Clear photocopies of birth certificates for main applicant and/or all household members below 15 years of age;
- Letters from ICA if the above do not apply;
- Pay slips, employment letters or any income documents of the latest month for the main applicant and/or household members aged 21 and above with gross monthly income above $5,000;
- Pay slips, employment letters or any income documents of the latest month for household members aged 21 and above who are foreigners.
Level of subsidy to HCA Hospice Care
|Per Capita Monthly Household Income||Subsidy Levels (with effect from 1 July 2013)|
|Singapore Citizens||Permanent Residents|
|$0 to $700||80%||55%|
|$701 to $1100||75%||50%|
|$1101 to $1,600||60%||40%|
|$1,601 to $1,800||50%||30%|
|$1,801 to $2,600||30%||15%|