HCA Hospice Care (HCA) is a registered charity in Singapore providing comfort and support to patients with life-limiting illnesses, regardless of age, religion, ethnicity, nationality and financial status.
Our focus lies in home hospice care, where dedicated multidisciplinary teams, comprising doctors, nurses, social workers, counselors and trained volunteers, visit patients and their families in their own homes. This service is provided free of charge.
More than 60,000 patients have benefited from HCA Hospice Care’s services since its establishment in 1989. We are the largest home hospice provider in Singapore, and our specialized teams are on the call round-the-clock, paying about 34,000 home visits a year and serving an average of 3,500 patients annually. We have about 800 patients under our care at any point of time.
Other services we offer are:
- Day Hospice centre: open on weekdays for patients who are mobile and do not require round-the-clock nursing care.
- Star PALS (Paediatric Advance Life Support) service, providing quality palliative care for children with life-threatening or life-limiting illnesses
- Psychosocial and bereavement support for caregivers
- The Palliative Caregivers Programme to help train caregivers to care for their loved ones at home.
- The yCG programme to educate our youths.
- Home equipment loan for hospital beds, wheelchairs, commodes, etc.
‘Centre of Specialisation’ Recognition
by National Council of Social Services
HCA Hospice Care has been recognised as a ‘Centre of Specialisation’.
This National Council of Social Services (NCSS) initiative aims to build a body of knowledge and specialisation expertise, with the aim of transferring knowledge and expertise across that sector. These Centres research into standards and methods, review and improve on processes over time, and document evidence-based best practices and train other VWOs in the sector.